Seabridge Gold Inc. is seeking university or college students for summer employment opportunities.
Seabridge Gold was founded in 1999 and holds a 100% interest in several North American gold projects. Seabridge’s assets include the KSM and Iskut projects located near Stewart, BC, the Courageous Lake project located in the Northwest Territories, the Snowstorm project in the Getchell Gold Belt of Northern Nevada and the 3 Aces project in the Yukon Territory. Seabridge strives to provide opportunities for people who have talent, passion and integrity and the desire to work within an organization that values and supports them.
Position Overview: We have several exciting summer student positions in a variety of departments in various locations. These positions include but are not limited to:
• Smithers Office: Administrative or Office support, Logistics and purchasing assistance, environment team assistance.
• Terrace Office: Procurement support.
• Projects: Field support for construction, health and safety and environment.
Note: The Project summer positions are camp based and are on a rotational shift schedule.
Students will be responsible for a variety of tasks based on which department they are placed with. These positions can provide the opportunity to apply education and gain exposure to our KSM project. We are seeking candidates with a strong work ethic, who work safely and who demonstrate a desire to learn.
We will do our best to match the position to the student’s area of study.
- Students must have previously completed grade 12.
- Applicants must currently be considered “full-time” students and returning to full time studies in September 2022. The definition of a full-time student is one who successfully completes three (3) full credit courses per semester at an accredited university, college, or technical school. Co-op terms and practicums are considered credited courses.
- Students must be currently attending school and returning to school for the fall term of the current year.
- Students must be able to work rotational or shift work.
- Employment applications along with a transcript must be submitted. Transcripts must be hardcopy originals, including school seal, received by the closing date listed.
- Students must be at least 18 years old.
- School and/or work experience related to supply chain management, business administration, mechanical, process and operational tasks would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to work independently.
- Students must hold a valid Driver’s License and have access to personal transportation.
- Students must be available for the full 4-month term, May – August 2022.
Candidates will be required to complete a comprehensive qualification process, including:
- Provide proof of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in Canada
- Provide confirmation of valid educational requirements
Some of the positions may be camp however others are not therefore the successful candidate will be required to relocate to the area or travel. Travel costs and accommodation will be the responsibility of the summer student.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume outlining their education, experience, and qualifications through our email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF format no later than 11:59pm on March 20, 2022.
Transcripts must be mailed or sent via courier to address below. The Transcripts must be original, include school seal and be received by the closing date – no exceptions.
Attn: Human Resources
1330 Main Street
PO Box 2536
Smithers BC V0J 2N0
Interviews will tentatively be scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd week of April, 2022 Those only who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.