Seabridge Gold Inc. is seeking a full-time GIS/CAD Technician, for the Kerr Sulphurerts and Mitchel (KSM) project, particularly the front-end Substantial Start phase.
Seabridge Gold was founded in 1999 and holds a 100% interest in several North American gold projects. Seabridge’s assets include the KSM and Iskut projects located near Stewart, B.C., and the Courageous Lake project located in the Northwest Territories, the Snowstorm project in the Getchell Gold Belt of Northern Nevada, and the Three Aces project in the Yukon Territory.
Seabridge strives to provide opportunities for people who have talent, passion and integrity and the desire to work within an organization that values and supports them. For further information on our company, please visit www.seabridgegold.com.
The Technician will be responsible for managing and monitoring all aspects related to the consolidation, control, and checking of CAD drawings. This will include managing deliverables for the following KSM teams:
- Technical Services (including on-going studies)
- Projects – Substantial Start drawing deliverables
- Environmental/Permitting drawings and deliverables
The GIS Technician will be part of the Project Management team and report directly to the Senior Project Manager and as directed by the Project Director.
The role will include (but will not be limited to) the following key responsibilities:
- Incorporating Shape files (where applicable)
- Reviewing and updating drawings (DXF or DWG – where applicable)
- Producing descriptive PDFs of DWGs to identify components within ArcGIS
- Georeferenced PDFs (especially for IFC drawings – so they can be sent to the field to be used on tablets)
- Interface with the KSM document control, project team, engineering and construction firms including EPCM as required.
- Manage the data flow between the KSM teams, and externally to consultants and contractors.
- Produce prompt updates of updates drawings for the KSM team, external consultants and contractors.
- Ensure the administration of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of the drawings are filed on the KSM server.
- Manage the implementation of adequate QA/QC over all drawings issued.
- Develop team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for producing current and accurate drawings.
- Capturing final drawings for the KSM team and ensuring they are stored and traceable in thedocument control server.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Possess a relevant degree or technical diploma or a combination of equivalent in training and combined experience with either AutoCAD, ARCGIS and/or QGIS
- Possess a relevant degree or technical diploma or a combination of equivalent in training and combined experience
- Proven skills in relationship building such as demonstrated empathy, emotional intelligence, and cross-cultural effectiveness, i.e. able to achieve consensus and build alignment cooperatively
- Analytical and skills in evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and deliverables on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Remote – Home based with some travel to Seabridge offices and project sites as required.
- an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential
- competitive salary and performance-based bonus plan
- health and welfare benefits
Closing Date: June 26, 2022
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
Please apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.