Seabridge Gold Inc. is seeking a full-time Project Manager – Drilling and Acquisition Work Package, for the Kerr Sulphurerts and Mitchel (KSM) project, particularly the front-end Substantial Start phase.
Seabridge Gold was founded in 1999 and holds a 100% interest in several North American gold projects. Seabridge’s assets include the KSM and Iskut projects located near Stewart, B.C., and the Courageous Lake project located in the Northwest Territories, the Snowstorm project in the Getchell Gold Belt of Northern Nevada, and the Three Aces project in the Yukon Territory. Seabridge strives to provide opportunities for people who have talent, passion and integrity and the desire to work within an organization that values and supports them. For further information on our company, please visit www.seabridgegold.com.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and monitoring all aspects related to the drilling and data acquisition package. This will include managing engineering deliverables and scopes of work to facilitate tender of drilling and geotechnical work packages. The Project Manager will be part of a Project Management group and report directly to the Senior Project Manager and as directed by the Project Director.
The role will monitor cost, schedule performance, and manage the change process to capture any deviations during drilling, testing, and standpipe Piezometer installation (as required). The Project Manager will be responsible from conception of the package to the completion of all drilling activities. This role will manage (but will not be limited to) the following key responsibilities:
- Own the development of engineering and construction project charters and associated scopes of work with assistance from the Owner’s project team, engineering and construction firms including EPCM as required.
- Manage the compliance with all regulatory, health and safety best practices and license/permit requirements. Ensure compliance with established safety and environmental programs to execute services with zero harm to people, environment, and plant.
- Ensure safety reporting, incidents, and near misses are reported both in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the standard procedure.
- Control nonconforming products, services and their subsequent repair, and re-work until corrective actions have been implemented
- Work with the Engineering and Project Services teams to report deviations and own the resolution of technical and commercial issues or conflicts.
- Field management of multiple contractors as the project moves to site
- This will include monitoring of contractor performance insuring compliance with all project objectives – HSSE, Cost, Schedule, and Quality
- Report against progress of their portion of the overall project schedule.
- Issue packages that include any electrical power, potable water, raw water, wastewater (including de-watering and disposal of the Contractor’s work area), equipment and material storage and warehousing, sanitary/sewage treatment, and disposal.
- Provide the requisite inputs to Project Services to tender the drilling and data acquisition construction work packages and manage the drilling activities and budgets (on an as- required basis). This will include drilling, drill pads, snow removal and sanding (if required), water lines, cranes, site wells, hydraulic testing, and soil sampling, vibrating wire piezometer and standpipe installation located at various locations on the KSM sites.
- Manage helicopter support associated for all or part of the work packages located in inaccessible work areas.
- Manage the design, construction and maintenance of project site roads associated with the drilling work areas.
- Manage geotechnical activities and incorporate the geotechnical drilling results into the latest data, latest sections, and geotechnical map.
- Manage the data flow between KSM and externally to consultants and contractors.
- Produce prompt reports (including but not limited to internal and assessment reports) for KSM and consultants or other designates.
- Evaluating the availability and possibilities of applying geophysics technology at the KSM project.
- Ensure the administration of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of geotechnical data to be achieved and filed on the KSM server.
- Manage the implementation of adequate QA/QC over all analytical work.
- Monitor the Suppliers’ Quality Surveillance Systems of the appointed Engineering Consultant.
- Review and approve proposed field originated design changes and monitor field installation work to ensure conformity with governing regulations and permits, project environmental commitments and project community relations commitments.
- Monitor the Supplier, ensuring that the relevant corporate and project risk management processes are implemented, monitored and mitigation updated during execution of engineering and construction work.
- Develop team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for work identification, planning & scheduling, resource provision, and execution of work
Education, Skills and Experience
- Possess a relevant degree or technical diploma or a combination of equivalent in training and combined experience
- Minimum 10+ years of project drilling and data acquisition experience in coordinating design and field installations
- Proven skills in relationship building such as demonstrated empathy, emotional intelligence, and cross-cultural effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consensus and build alignment cooperatively.
- Analytical and skills in evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Proven leadership skills in managing and developing a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and teams on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment. Proven track record of successful project completion on time and on budget.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Remote – Home based with travel to Vancouver, B.C., and Project Sites.
- an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential
- competitive salary and performance-based bonus plan
- health and welfare benefits
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
Please apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.