Seabridge Gold Inc. is seeking a Senior Geologist
Seabridge Gold was founded in 1999 and holds a 100% interest in several North American gold projects. Seabridge’s assets include the KSM and Iskut projects located near Stewart, BC, the Courageous Lake project located in the Northwest Territories, the Snowstorm project in the Getchell Gold Belt of Northern Nevada and the 3 Aces project in the Yukon Territory. Seabridge strives to provide opportunities for people who have talent, passion and integrity and the desire to work within an organization that values and supports them. For further information on our company, please visit www.seabridgegold.com.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be overseeing the exploration programs at Iskut and 3 Aces projects for Seabridge Gold. This position will be collaborating with the Senior Geologists and Senior Vice President, Exploration to implement the 2022 exploration program.
- Ensure Seabridge’s health and safety and environmental standards are met
- Supervise and implement an 8000m drilling program at the Iskut project, targeting two copper gold porphyry systems, or a 10,000m drilling program at 3 Aces project targeting an orogenic gold system
- Oversee camp logistics and helicopter operations
- Geological logging of drill core and integration of results into the database and 3D model. Communication with exploration team regarding decision points
- Oversee geotechnical logging and QAQC procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Geology
- A minimum of 5 years of exploration experience
- Legal authorization to work in Canada without the need for sponsorship
- Porphyry Cu and Orogenic Gold experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage remote camps
- Proficiency with exploration software (MapInfo, Leapfrog Geo, Microsoft Office)
- Solid data analysis skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, contractors, etc.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Self-starter who can anticipate needs and work independently
- Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external partners and communities of interest
Rotational schedule travel to Iskut (Northern BC) and 3 Aces (Yukon) field sites
The role requires travel to Seabridge’s field sites on a 3 on 2 off rotation from May to October 2022.
Seabridge offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential.
Please apply through email to email@example.com and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.