At Seabridge Gold, we believe that being a responsible and welcome member of the communities in which we operate is an essential part of our business strategy.
As part of our most recent commitment to ensure local communities benefit from the KSM Project, we are awarding 10 non-profit organizations in northwest BC with grants ranging from $500 to $1,500 for a grand total of $10,000.
In July 2015, Seabridge Gold reached out to the community for input on where to donate the grants. The public was invited to nominate local community initiatives, associations and organizations that would benefit a broad group of people in the areas of education, health and/or sports/healthy living.
We are pleased to use the most recent Community Sponsorship Program funding to be able to support the following organizations or initiatives in our local communities:
- District of Stewart – public golf facilities: $1000
- Coast Mountain School District – Educational program technology: $1000
- Gitxat’in Elders Society – Elders society outreach: $1000
- Terrace Hospice Society – Outreach and education: $1000
- Terrace Peaks – Gymnastics Club upgrades: $1000
- Smithers Ski and Snowboard Club – Course maintenance: $500
- Bulkley Valley Research Centre – Education and outreach: $500
- Bulkley Valley Childcare Society – Children’s educational program funding: $1000
- Smithers Library – 3-D printing technology: $1500
- Bulkley Valley Search and Rescue – Search and rescue supplies: $1500
Seabridge Gold is proud to have supported the following events or projects in the past:
- Bear Valley School Ladies Gala
- C. Aboriginal Business Association regional forum
- British Columbia Aboriginal Mine Training Association
- C. Junior All-Native Provincial Basketball Tournament
- Iskut Band Council for Kilrich/Northerm Yukon Native Hockey Tournament
- Northwest Community College
- Tahltan Selects hockey team for Kilrich/Northerm Yukon Native Hockey Tournament
If you would like to request sponsorship from us, please take a look at our guidelines before submitting a request.